Part-Time English Programme is an intensive multi-level programme specifically catered to the needs of working adults. The English language learning process will follow through a systematic and modular approach to allow our part-time students be exposed to all aspects of language learning. Particular attention is paid to grammar, vocabulary development, pronunciation, and the skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking. The courses are designed to provide the students with maximum exposure to English through authentic, interesting and current subject matter.
PROGRAMME STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
The ‘Part-Time English Programme’ is based around the ‘Cutting Edge’ series of language learning materials. It provides students with an intensive, yet enjoyable learning experience. Key course material will be researched and prepared carefully by our instructors using an extensive library of current teaching materials which further enhances students’ learning experience.
Before you sign up for this programme, you are required to sit for a Placement Test to assess and confirm your current level of English language ability. Our programme progresses through five levels (2 months for each level) of academic study from Beginner to Upper-Intermediate. Throughout each level, students are required to sit for examinations to assess their progress and eligibility to progress for the next level. They are to consult their respective instructors on the exam dates.
The table below explains the levels that are offered under the Part-Time Intensive English Programme-
THERE ARE 5 LEVEL
Level 1 (Beginner)
- · understand and use basic English conversations in English
- · ask and respond to simple questions appropriately
- · develop sufficient vocabulary for simple everyday situations
- · use simple English language structures correctly with little basic mistakes
- · give personal information using correct grammar and vocabulary
- · read a very short text with correct intonation and pronunciation
- · link words or groups of words with basic connectors
- · write short description or simple sentences based on pictures or simple events
- · write simple and compound sentences with correct punctuation and grammar
PART-TIME ENGLISH LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Comprehend the target language, English language in both written and spoken
- Master the language, written and spoken
- Apply the language in their daily life and work environment.
Our students will attend 4 sessions per week. The classes are conducted on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. At LEA, we give our students the flexibility to attend any TWO of the four sessions at their own convenience. In addition to these hours of intensive learning, students are encouraged to use our interactive learning facilities during their self-study period. We also have Skills Class which include lessons on presentation skills, writing workshops, listening and speaking activities.
Students are expected to complete homework assignments, which will be set throughout the course. In a typical lesson, students are introduced to key language points in real life contexts. These language points are then developed through carefully structured practice sessions in which students may be involved in group, pair, or individual work.
We welcome any of you who are passionate to learn English at our learning centre and explore how this language could help you in your daily conversations and future undertakings!
Who should attend this Part-time English?
This Part-Time Intensive English Programme is specifically designed and catered for working adults who wish to reach an excellent level in mastering English language, be it written or spoken.
For people who has busy schedule. If you are not consent about the time and would like to have the result fast, please check out our full-time programme –> INTENSIVE ENGLISH PROGRAMME